Monday, October 25, 2010

Pillow Time

Here are Aubrey and Alex with their new pillows. These pillows started as their valance in our old townhouse. I just couldn't leave them behind for the new owner to just throw away, so I asked them if I could keep them. I had great plans to make them into a pillow. However, after sitting on my dresser for over a month, I started to realize that they would never get sewn if left to me doing it by hand. So then came a call to my Mom and a shipment of a valance to Michigan. My Mom gratefully offered to sew them on her sewing machine. However, her sewing machine died as soon as she started to sew. So then our family friend, Bonnie, came to the rescue and sewed the pillows for us. To get them back to VA, my sister brought them with her on the plane when she came to visit. After 2 weeks (or maybe a little longer) I got them stuffed and final stiches done. Phew. What a long story. But they are perfect and Alex and Aubrey love them!


We are thankful for Grammie (my Mom), Bonnie, and Kendra for helping create these pillows for us.

No comments: