Sunday, January 23, 2011

What do you do on one of the coldest days of the year...

Go to the ZOO.

Our plan for the day was to go downtown and take an adventure. However in the morning, Alex, Aubrey, and I had been looking at a magazine about zoo animals. So I said to Dave, "Gee it would have been great it we could have gone to the zoo today." I was just kidding, of course. But then we both realized that even though the temperature was much below freezing, the sun was out so it didn't seem so bad. So we went to the zoo. It's free here, so we didn't feel bad if we didn't stay long. We decided to park near most of the zoo buildings and we spent most of time inside looking at frogs, snakes, lizards, crocodiles, gorillas, orangutans, giant turtles, mole rats, and a few fish. We also took a short walk outside to check out the lion and tiger exhibit. We were nervous that they might not be outside, but thankfully they were. Alex was so happy to see a tiger and a lion.
I didn't get any pictures inside and at the lions/tigers exhibit because I forgot I had the camera.

However, we did get a few on our way back to the car and next to the dinosaur.
(Oh, and by the way, I was suprised that there were more people there than I expected, but at least it wasn't crowded by any means.)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: