Monday, March 4, 2013

Snack Time

All of the time, I wonder how my kids are going to turn out.  It feels like they never listen.  I have to tell them things 100 times and then they still don't listen.  UGH.  I feel like a broken record.  

However, there are times when I realize that they are listening and everything is going to be all right.  We were at a neighbors house for a play date.  The kids all got snacks.  In the past, I have told my kids that when they get snacks at other people's homes (and even at our house), they should eat at the table to be considerate.  Everyone got to pick a snack from some options.   Aubrey chose fruit snacks...so she went downstairs with the rest of the kids and I figured it was fine this time since it was just fruit snacks and everyone else was going downstairs.  Alex wanted an apple.   He went downstairs too.  At first it didn't occur to me that he should probably eat the apple at the table since they can be a tad bit messy.  However, after he went downstairs for maybe 30 seconds, I see him coming back up the stairs and he stood in the kitchen, at the top of the stairs to eat. He stood there for maybe a whole minute...eating his apple.  All the parents were in the kitchen, but all the kids were downstairs.  Then I saw him move to the dining room table to eat his apple, even though he was all alone.  It broke my heart that he was all alone, but it also made me so happy inside that he remembered. There is hope after all.  : )

1 comment:

Courtney R said...

AND he chose a healthy snack! Good job, Mom! :)