Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Tree Must Come Down

In January, we went outside to play and our neighbor joined us. They decided to attempt a mission to pull down the tree from the front yard.   I knew they couldn't do it because it is too thick or I would have stopped them.  It sure was fun to watch them try.  They were determined...very determined.


NEIGHBOR : So, how do you think we should do this?
ALEX: I wonder if we could use this jump rope and bike, hmmm.

 
ALEX:  Yes, I think this is how we should do it!   Will you help me?
NEIGHBOR:  Of course.  Let's take this tree down.

 
Aubrey decided to check out the commotion.

 
AUBREY:  You guys are crazy.  I am just going to enjoy my drink over here. 
(insert chuckle)

 
ALEX:  Ready PULL!
NEIGHBOR:  Go Alex Go!

 
Aubrey decided to set up a picnic to watch the progress.
 
 
ALEX:  Let me reevaluate this situation.  It's not looking good.

 
ALEX:  Neighbor are you there?  
NEIGHBOR:  Yes, I am on the walkie talkie getting more supplies.
ALEX:   Mission Abort.   Repeat.  Mission Abort.
We will have to try again tomorrow!
Over and out!
 

 

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's awesome. It was so comical to watch and even more comical to see it re-enacted.

Kendra said...

That is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I needed that laugh!

Kendra said...

That is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I needed that laugh!

Andrea said...

I was just cracking up watching this, or should I say Looking & reading it! Now is that how it really did happen, did Alex "abort the mission"? :-) Too funny

Neala n Dave said...

Andrea...you got me. Alex really didn't say "Mission Abort", but the rest of it, kind of went as stated. Oh also, I guess Aubrey really wanted Alex and the neighbor to come and play with her for the picnic. I printed this "story" out for the kids and I have had to read it to them (with minor revisions) each night. : ) They laugh each time.

Andrea said...

It was really funny & I was cracking up! Thanks for the laugh :-)