Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October

We have been a busy family lately, as we usually are.

Recently, I was affected by the Government Shutdown and was out of work for two and a half weeks.  I have to admit that it was kind of nice, especially after we found out that we would be back paid for the time we were not at work.  I was actually able to get a few things checked off my mental "To Do" list that have been on there forever.  Also, I was able to get out a few times to go for a bike ride, do some short jogs/runs, and swim laps at the local Rec Center.

Over Columbus Day weekend, we all drove down to North Carolina to visit Dave's Family.  We enjoyed spending time with Nanny (Dave's Mom) and Chuck(Dave's brother)and Deanna (Dave's sister-in-law) and their children and grand children.   We also took a day trip to Charlotte, NC to check out the city as a potential place to live later on.  We really like it down there and may move down there later.

The following weekend we all flew up to Michigan to celebrate the wedding of my sister, Kendra, to my new brother-in-law, Rob.   We were all in the wedding.  I was a Bridesmaid, Dave was a Groomsman, Alex was the handsome ring bearer and Aubrey was a very beautiful flower girl.    We all enjoyed the wedding ceremony.   The reception was a lot of fun too.  Aubrey danced the entire time.  She only took short breaks to get water and to eat her piece of wedding cake. Alex danced a bit too.  He likes to do a little breakdancing.  : )

The day after the wedding, some of my family went to a local Boo at the Zoo event.  It was very nice and relaxing.   I am glad we went.  It was a great way to end the weekend.   Plus we got some candy along the way. Yum Yum.

So, you may be thinking, "There is something missing here."  Well there is.  Pictures.   On the flight back from Michigan to here, we misplaced my nice camera with all the pictures inside.  I am absolutely sick to my stomach about this.   We have called all the Lost and Found places we can think of at the airports, shuttles, rental car, baggage, TSA, etc. No luck so far.  The airline is still looking for the camera and  I have a Lost Item Report in their system.  I just hope they find it.   Another option was that it was stolen from us at the airport.  That makes me sick to think about that too.  If they wanted the camera they could have had it, if only they would have left us the pictures.    A camera can be replaced, but the pictures can't be.

1 comment:

Courtney R said...

OH NO!!!!! Crossing my fingers that it turns up.